lundi 11 février 2008

All black void













Black, all black, void black.
That was the status of my avatar.
Sometimes the eyes were visible, only.
Clothes I changed, sometimes they got visible, most turned black too.
Reinstalling Second Life doesn’t help.
Rebaking textures doesn’t help.
Logging out and in doesn’t help.

Something good came out of it though:
I decided to make my own head, of a pumpkin…, in reality it was a fox avatar I rebuilt. I took so many features away it looked like a pumpkin with too eyes on it in the end. Then I made a script moving these eyes around, and I made the pumpkin open up a bit and changing this opening at the back. This opening revealed my “brains”. It was fun, I have put a book inside and a few pictures. Just to get an idea of my brains.
Later on I added a compass structure (script and object) and could steer a robot in RL, just moving my brains! (My brains sent http request to a server and these were detected by a prog on my laptop, which sent signals through Bluetooth to a Lego NXT robot.)











But that did not resolve my all black void status. I decided to check on internet. I had happened to me before, but it went away, now this all black thing was persistent. Somehow somebody told something about two screens? Yes I am using two screens, yes I remember having had problems with beamers, trying to display shockwave animations on the second screen….it didn’t work out.
Ok let’s try this, one screen, black, other, main screen, shift Second Life, rebake textures. Behold! My colors are back. Shift back again, change clothing: all black, a void again. SO this is resolved! Working with two screens, depending on graphical cards, an avatar can go in the all black status.
By the way, my preview on importing pictures: sculpties was gone too in the all black status. Very annoying, because sculpties tend to come in wrong! So that problem is tackled to.

I must keep on to the idea of creating my own brains though. It was fun putting all kind of things into it, and showing it so now and then by a script which opens randomly my pumpkin – skull …





Aucun commentaire: